Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Florida. Can I sue a loan Bank for funding a new home, with…

Florida. Can I sue a...
Florida. Can I sue a loan Bank for funding a new home, with a defective drainfield design that polutes, when there is flooding.
The House and drainfield will be constructed next month. Last week, I informed the bank there was a problem with the drainfield design.
3/12/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. This would be an issue for the seller of the land. Was the drain field disclosed? What documentation do you have with regard to the drain field?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
New neighbor is building the house and new neighbor has the loan for building his home. I know drainfield is defective via permit contractor submitted. County depends on licensed contractors and does not research everything. If I sue loan company, they will force neighbor to do it correctly. .

You can sue the lender, however, they are not liable for code violations. This would be on the owner.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks and bye

You are welcome. You can alert the lender that this issue exists as they may not want to continue lending money to the owner.

Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney