Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Paid Fairbanks Construction $20,000 to turn my patio into a…

Customer Question
Paid Fairbanks Construction $20,000...

Paid Fairbanks Construction $20,000 to turn my patio into a sun room.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Paid $10,000 and they expected $10,000 when job was complete. Said to them that they did not have to do final inspection. Never completed job. Still waiting for them to finish floor and furniture from patio is sitting alll over my dining room. My home is a mess and patio very ugly. Been about 6 months. Can I sue so I can have someone else finish patio.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Called Ocala Inspection. They were so mad. Did not pass inspection and advised me that it was not my job to call them. Ocala was happy to come out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think anything was filed. Don't know what else to do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

I am sorry, but I have having difficulty following your narrative.

First, you stated that you paid $20,000.00 to the contractor.

Then, you said that you only paid $10,000.00, and another $10,000.00 to be paid when the work is completed.

Are you now saying that you paid the additional $10,000.00 when the work has not been completed and now want to sue the contractor for refund of the money paid so that you can use the recovered money to hire another contractor?

And what about issue of inspection. Who is Ocala Inspection?

Kindly clarify,

Thank you for your cooperation.