Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I transfer a deed for my house that's in forclosure and…

Can I transfer a...

Can I transfer a deed for my house that's in forclosure and not stop the forclosure in new york

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I believe yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/12/2018
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
The mortgage lien would survive any conveyance to a subsequent purchaser or grantee.
In other words, any grantee in a quitclaim deed from you takes title subject to the existing mortgage. So, if you transferred ownership the foreclosure would just seamleesly continue
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.
its for an abandoned house project just wanted to make sure thank you
You are very welcome.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you for using JA.
Loren, Lawyer