Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

There is a mobile home on property I bought, the person who…

Customer Question
There is a mobile...

There is a mobile home on property I bought, the person who lived in the mobile home text me stating they had notified the loan company 8 months ago that they moved out and would no longer being living in or paying for this mobile home. They had expected the loan company would have repossessed the mobile home by now. The people have moved out of state, gave us the keys to the mobile home, account number, and contact information for the loan company before they moved. I have called the loan company 3 times and emailed them through their website once requesting them to remove the mobile home from my land. The closing attorney suggested we send the loan company letter stating that we are going to charge them rent per day until they remove the mobile home and any court costs should we take legal action to have it removed. I was looking for a letter format to send the loan company about this matter, and our rights to obtain ownership and have the mobile home removed if they continue to ignore our contact requests. This mobile home is preventing us from building our home on this land. WE are in Louisiana and I believe, per LA statutes, they could repossess once the borrower state they were abandoning the home for foreclosure and missed 2 consecutive loan payments, which would have been 6 months ago. If the loan company continues to ignore our attempts to contact them, are they all considered to be abandoning the mobile home? Can we indeed charge them rent until we can take control over the mobile home legally, and can we ask for legal fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Louisiana, no paperwork that I am aware of. Just letters of intent by the borrower to the lender and from me to the lender.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. Not that I am aware of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can seek to evict. You can charge fees on notice amounting to rent and obviously would be preferable if there is agreement to pay in writing to avoid issues as to the terms. Legal fees may be added and within discretion of court to award.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I do not think you understand, there is no one to evict. There is an abandoned mobile home.