Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My home is almost in foreclosure. i am asked to pay off the…

Customer Question
My home is almost...

My home is almost in foreclosure. i am asked to pay off the entire amount of my mortgage which i cant do. What can I do to save my home? I have sent a delay of sale letter hoping it will give me some more time. I also applied for a loan modification. Do i need to see a lawyer to save my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, received notice of acceleration. its in IA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont believe house is in foreclosure yet.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not received an answer yet to the above. Please let me know what i need to do to try and save my home.
3/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

There are programs at the State and Federal level that cab assist you. Where are you in the modification process?

Where in Iowa your home located?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in Iowa. I dont think home has gone into foreclosure yet but will soon if I dont pay off entire amount of my mortgage. I have applied for a loan modification and written a letter for delay of sale. My mortgage company will also be sending me a reinstatement letter. Please let me know my options.

While you are working on a modification that is a legal reason to delay a foreclosure. Depending of whether you are working with the lender that would be the lender to proceed with a foreclosure there are options for assistance. Further, the state provides helpful resources as well.

Is this a deed of trust or mortgage?

You can also stop a foreclosure by filing for bankruptcy is a loan modification does not get approved.

If you can tell me the county in Iowa where your real property is located I can provide a link for Free consultation Attorneys in your area as well as other local legal assistance.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me? Bankruptcy is also an option.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney