Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a rv lot in a condominium association. How many lots…

I own a rv...

I own a rv lot in a condominium association. How many lots can I own without having a RV Site license in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

Florida. All lots would be in the same association. I have 6 children and would like each to have a vacation place

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/12/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The number is ***** or more. With 10 or more you become subject to the Chapter 723 MOBILE HOME PARK LOT TENANCIES http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0723/0723ContentsIndex.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I heard that if I own more than 5 lots in the condo association I would have to register as an R V Park. This association was created from an old Jellystone RV Park but rack lot is now part of a condo association

Can you tell me the county on Florida where the land is located?

I believe you are referring to this:

"513.014 Applicability of recreational vehicle park provisions to mobile home parks.—A mobile home park that has five or more sites set aside for recreational vehicles shall, for those sites set aside for recreational vehicles, comply with the recreational vehicle park requirements included in this chapter. This section does not require a mobile home park with spaces set aside for recreational vehicles to obtain two licenses. However, a mobile home park that rents spaces to recreational vehicles on the basis of long-term leases is required to comply with the laws and rules relating to mobile home parks including but not limited to chapter 723, if applicable." https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter513/All

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Orange County. Of the sites I own 2 are for my personal use. One has a Park model that I live in 5 mos and the other is where I store my motor voach

If there are no 5 or more there is no license needed. For Chapter 723 to be applicable you need 10 or more for a permit. "However, a mobile home park that rents spaces to recreational vehicles on the basis of long-term leases is required to comply with the laws and rules relating to mobile home parks including but not limited to chapter 723, if applicable." https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter513/All

You fall under Chapter 523 https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter513/All

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. As this association does not allow any mobile homes, only rv’s I am not sure what applies. The association is a condominium association for rv’s only

It applies to mobile homes that fall under the classification of an RV.

"320.01 Definitions, general.—As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:

(1) “Motor vehicle” means:

(a) An automobile, motorcycle, truck, trailer, semitrailer, truck tractor and semitrailer combination, or any other vehicle operated on the roads of this state, used to transport persons or property, and propelled by power other than muscular power, but the term does not include traction engines, road rollers, personal delivery devices as defined in s. 316.003, special mobile equipment as defined in s. 316.003, vehicles that run only upon a track, bicycles, swamp buggies, or mopeds.

(b) A recreational vehicle-type unit primarily designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use, which either has its own motive power or is mounted on or drawn by another vehicle. Recreational vehicle-type units, when traveling on the public roadways of this state, must comply with the length and width provisions of s. 316.515, as that section may hereafter be amended. As defined below, the basic entities are:

1. The “travel trailer,” which is a vehicular portable unit, mounted on wheels, of such a size or weight as not to require special highway movement permits when drawn by a motorized vehicle. It is primarily designed and constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use. It has a body width of no more than 81/2 feet and an overall body length of no more than 40 feet when factory-equipped for the road.

2. The “camping trailer,” which is a vehicular portable unit mounted on wheels and constructed with collapsible partial sidewalls which fold for towing by another vehicle and unfold at the campsite to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.

3. The “truck camper,” which is a truck equipped with a portable unit designed to be loaded onto, or affixed to, the bed or chassis of the truck and constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.

4. The “motor home,” which is a vehicular unit which does not exceed the length, height, and width limitations provided in s. 316.515, is a self-propelled motor vehicle, and is primarily designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.

5. The “private motor coach,” which is a vehicular unit which does not exceed the length, width, and height limitations provided in s. 316.515(9), is built on a self-propelled bus type chassis having no fewer than three load-bearing axles, and is primarily designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use.

6. The “van conversion,” which is a vehicular unit which does not exceed the length and width limitations provided in s. 316.515, is built on a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis, and is designed for recreation, camping, and travel use.

7. The “park trailer,” which is a transportable unit which has a body width not exceeding 14 feet and which is built on a single chassis and is designed to provide seasonal or temporary living quarters when connected to utilities necessary for operation of installed fixtures and appliances. The total area of the unit in a setup mode, when measured from the exterior surface of the exterior stud walls at the level of maximum dimensions, not including any bay window, does not exceed 400 square feet when constructed to ANSI A-119.5 standards, and 500 square feet when constructed to United States Department of Housing and Urban Development Standards. The length of a park trailer means the distance from the exterior of the front of the body (nearest to the drawbar and coupling mechanism) to the exterior of the rear of the body (at the opposite end of the body), including any protrusions.

8. The “fifth-wheel trailer,” which is a vehicular unit mounted on wheels, designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, or travel use, of such size or weight as not to require a special highway movement permit, of gross trailer area not to exceed 400 square feet in the setup mode, and designed to be towed by a motorized vehicle that contains a towing mechanism that is mounted above or forward of the tow vehicle’s rear axle.

(2)(a) “Mobile home” means a structure, transportable in one or more sections, which is 8 body feet or more in width and which is built on an integral chassis and designed to be used as a dwelling when connected to the required utilities and includes the plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, and electrical systems contained therein. For tax purposes, the length of a mobile home is the distance from the exterior of the wall nearest to the drawbar and coupling mechanism to the exterior of the wall at the opposite end of the home where such walls enclose living or other interior space. Such distance includes expandable rooms, but excludes bay windows, porches, drawbars, couplings, hitches, wall and roof extensions, or other attachments that do not enclose interior space. In the event that the mobile home owner has no proof of the length of the drawbar, coupling, or hitch, then the tax collector may in his or her discretion either inspect the home to determine the actual length or may assume 4 feet to be the length of the drawbar, coupling, or hitch.

(b) “Manufactured home” means a mobile home fabricated on or after June 15, 1976, in an offsite manufacturing facility for installation or assembly at the building site, with each section bearing a seal certifying that it is built in compliance with the federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standard Act." http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0320/Sections/0320.01.html

You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thank you. I forgot to rate you but I will do so now. Very helpful and very pleasant and professional. Thanks again

Thank you very much.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney