Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Gould and I have a Real Estate problem. My mother has passed
Barrister, Lawyer
Good afternoon, My name is***** and I have a Real Estate problem. My mother has passed away almost a year ago,and has left her resident to which I have resided with her in to me and my sister. In doin… read more
I have a NJ Essex County Deed from Feb 27, 1985 and the
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello I have a NJ Essex County Deed from Feb 27, 1985 and the wording is not explicit as to tenancy. It just says. "herein designated as the Grantors, Person 1 and Person 2 about to reside at property… read more
Our son passed away in 2017 his father & he had a mortgage
Barrister, Lawyer
Our son passed away in 2017 his father & he had a mortgage loan onour sons home, unfortunately the title work did not have both names on the deed, which we did not know at the time of his death. We to… read more
My mortgage is under loan modification and it has a clause
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
my mortgage is under loan modification and it has a clause can sell and have a have balloon payment at maturity of the loan? Is this legal? … read more
My parents quit claim deeded sole ownership of their home to
Barrister, Lawyer
My parents quit claim deeded sole ownership of their home to my brother. There is still a mortgage on the home in my parents name. The mortgage company was not notified of this transaction. It is my u… read more
I need a Real Estate attorney for New Mexico: My sister died
Richard, Owner
I need a Real Estate attorney for New Mexico: My sister died 6/3/16 and left her home in her Revocable Trust to me; I am successor trustee and sole heir (of the house and everything else). The mortgag… read more
My husband was on the deed to property in New Mexico. When
Ely, Counselor at Law
My husband was on the deed to property in New Mexico. When he died there was no will or trust. The deeds to the property were held by my sister, brothers and their wives, me and my husband. One brothe… read more
My father died last August and in his will my brother and I
Barrister, Lawyer
My father died last August and in his will my brother and I split his possessions 50/50. He left a home with a small mortgage. My brother and I have agreed that I can have the house. I contacted the b… read more
My dad was in a bad car accident and can no longer take care
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Private practice attorney
My dad was in a bad car accident and can no longer take care of himself. My brother has asked dad to move in with him. My dad is 88 years old and he wants to move in with my brother. We just had a sit… read more
My sister and I have equally inherited (per the will)our family
Barrister, Lawyer
My sister and I have equally inherited (per the will)our family house after the death of my parents. My sister will buy me out and continue to live in the home. The bank is requiring a deed in our nam… read more
Boyfriend's(BF) Grandmother(GM) past away 03/14. GM was past
Barrister, Lawyer
Boyfriend's(BF) Grandmother(GM) past away 03/14. GM was past due on mortgage at time of death. He is currently staying in Grandmothers house and is trying to catch up mortgage payments. BF's mother is… read more
My dad passed away. He purchased a home with his VA benefits
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
My dad passed away. He purchased a home with his VA benefits in 2009 with a 30 year mortgage. I (his daughter) took care of my dad. I lived with him and I made all of the mortgage payments on the hous… read more
How do I go about transferring title to my name on a rental
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
How do I go about transferring title to my name on a rental property owned by my dad (recently deceased)? He's listed as the sole borrower on the mortgage. The rental receipts easily make the payments… read more
The house I currently live in was given to me in my divorse
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
The house I currently live in was given to me in my divorse four years ago, and at the time had 30 thousand dollors of equity. I could not qualify for a loan at the time, therefore my brother took out… read more
I have been leasing a home for 3.5 years without a signed lease.
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I have been leasing a home for 3.5 years without a signed lease. The lease was from a verbal agreement between my father and I. My father recently passed without a will, therefore his wife of less tha… read more
My dad passed away 7 months ago. My mom is not on the mortgage
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
My dad passed away 7 months ago. My mom is not on the mortgage but she is on the deed. What right does she have as she continues to make the payments? We have not notified the mortgage company of dad'… read more
A real estate loan officer told me I could quick title my dads
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Principal Attorney
A real estate loan officer told me I could quick title my dads house into my name and then take out a home equity loan on the house. He called his lawyer friend on the phone who told me there would be… read more
My mother died this past Sunday (mortgage/title holder since
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
My mother died this past Sunday (mortgage/title holder since Dad died in 1991). My adult brother has lived in the home for 20 years, and participates in both mortgage payments as well as utilities (he… read more