Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My husband recently died. his name was the only one on the…

My husband recently died...

My husband recently died. his name was the only one on the home loan. however, my name is ***** ***** deed. does this help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Such as? yes, i got behind on payments, caught them up, but they are now telling me i'm still behind, and i'm not.... but they won't talk to me because i'm not him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know what i can do for my house

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** I've been having issues with the mortgage company since before my husband died. but a realtor told me to check and see if the house wasn't outright mine since i wasn't on the loan. so, i figured i would check.

Hi you need a lawyer here to make application for probate and be named the personal representative.Once you are the PR for the estate the lender will talk to you.Lawyer will prepare a fiduciary deed where you deed as PR the house to you individually

.This is how you get title and loan switched to your name.No way around probate here to get clear title and assume the loan.By federal law they have to allow you to assume the loan as sole owner.

Lawyer for you here

Lawyer Referral Service

Request A Referral Online 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

I appreciate the chance to help you .I am so sorry for your loss of spouse.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when ew are done it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you. i appreciate your time.

Prayers to you and have a good evening.

Ray, Lawyer