Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In my sample cease/desist letter Ely sent, # 1 uses the

wording -"potted trees". Since the...
In my sample cease/desist letter Ely sent, # 1 uses the wording -"potted trees". Since the tree Im referring to is planted in ground, would this be the correct terminology to use ?
Thank you.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

I am a different contributor, and a member of the State Bar of California. Please permit me to assist.

Although language suggesting a "potted" tree may have no material effect on intent of the letter, it may provide your neighbor for a rationale to reject or ignore your letter. So, I would describe the tree in the manner that it is actually planted -- or, in the case of a miniature tree, you could simply call it for what it is, a "miniature tree."

Note: I am not taking any position of the remainder of my Texas colleague, Ely's previous answer or cease and desist letter.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment,and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your web page, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Thank you for clarifying, and do you have a sample of a cease/ desist letter I can review please?
Thank you for your time.

I don't use template/sample cease and desist letters. I draft custom letters on my own letterhead, with the intent that my client's adversary will understand to a reasonable certainty that the failure to resolve the matter amicably will result in a costly legal action. If that's something you're interested in having done, I can send you an offer of direct correspondence. Note: customary legal services fees will apply. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment,and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your web page, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

No phone call,
just sample letter.

The phone call offer is automated by the website. I don't participate in the Justanswer phone call option.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Can you please give the cost of a letter from you so I can plan accordingly?

I regret that I cannot negotiate price or terms of legal services in this forum, because it violates the Justanswer terms of service. All I can do is send you the offer of direct correspondence -- which you may accept or decline at your discretion. Regardless of your decision, I take no offense.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer