Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In my sample cease/desist letter Ely sent, # 1 uses the

wording -"potted trees". Since the...
In my sample cease/desist letter Ely sent, # 1 uses the wording -"potted trees". Since the tree Im referring to is planted in ground, would this be the correct terminology to use ?
Thank you.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

I am a different contributor, and a member of the State Bar of California. Please permit me to assist.

Although language suggesting a "potted" tree may have no material effect on intent of the letter, it may provide your neighbor for a rationale to reject or ignore your letter. So, I would describe the tree in the manner that it is actually planted -- or, in the case of a miniature tree, you could simply call it for what it is, a "miniature tree."

Note: I am not taking any position of the remainder of my Texas colleague, Ely's previous answer or cease and desist letter.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment,and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your web page, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for clarifying, and do you have a sample of a cease/ desist letter I can review please?
Thank you for your time.

I don't use template/sample cease and desist letters. I draft custom letters on my own letterhead, with the intent that my client's adversary will understand to a reasonable certainty that the failure to resolve the matter amicably will result in a costly legal action. If that's something you're interested in having done, I can send you an offer of direct correspondence. Note: customary legal services fees will apply. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment,and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your web page, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone call,
just sample letter.

The phone call offer is automated by the website. I don't participate in the Justanswer phone call option.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please give the cost of a letter from you so I can plan accordingly?

I regret that I cannot negotiate price or terms of legal services in this forum, because it violates the Justanswer terms of service. All I can do is send you the offer of direct correspondence -- which you may accept or decline at your discretion. Regardless of your decision, I take no offense.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer