Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our HOA is trying to bring a Property Mgmt. company in to…

Our HOA is trying...

Our HOA is trying to bring a Property Mgmt. company in to run our subdivision...we r fighting them...but concerned they will pursue lein action to break us down....how can we prevent them from attacking us. and prevent them from attempting this. we are all abiding by the covenant laws....we need an action plan to prevent them from hurting anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Very nice ...maybe a couple of houses for sale...not sure why they are doing this...they've gotten very cynical towards anyone except friends in the neighborhood

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet ...we have a big meeting on march 22nd to discuss and vote...but concerned not enough good neighbors will vote or even take notice...just sign the proxy and send in..not understanding what will happen to everyone in neighborhood

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can we as individual homeowners do to prevent them from grievously taking action if not legally justified..in order to get revenge for challenging them...they are extremely biased

3/10/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!An owner can sue and seek court relief and an injunction.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
looking for a way to prevent them from even trying to file a lein....I want them to be scared of attempting to do anything to me or my neighbors....maybe make our houses places of worship? Incorporation maybe?
no thanx...no call yet
You can seek to place them in trust.
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
what do you mean ...place them in trust?
Transfer title into an irrevocable trust.
not sure what irrevocable trust is or how one works...please educate me
Removes title from name and into a trust. It cannot be changed. Protects assets from creditors. Not full proof but an option against Claims and liens. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
can you do a revocable trust in the same situation...my parents had one of those before they passed...
any answer for the last question
Less effective since a revocable trust remains effectively in your name and not protected as well from Claims.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
but what happens to the house in a irrevocable trust...who does it belong to? Do my wife or I have any rights to it
Belongs to the trust, managed by trustees per terms of a trust for benefit of beneficiaries named in the trust.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
ok so if I want my brother to be trustee he's allowed to be that
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer