Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In NJ under the 4 day attorney review period. Can I back out…

Customer Question
In NJ under the...

In NJ under the 4 day attorney review period. Can I back out without an attorney. Can I act as my own attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes have contract however it’s under attorney review period

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
It’s a 3 day review period.
On home purchases
3/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Generally contracts do allow you to back out of a contract if you have an attorney review period. That period allows you or your attorney to review the contract and if the terms are unfavorable to you (or your attorney), you can cancel the contract.

If you are familiar with real estate contracts, you can conduct the review yourself.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.