Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I receive a notice to cure letter stating i fail to occupy…

I receive a notice...

I receive a notice to cure letter stating i fail to occupy the apartment as my primary residence i live someplace else and they name two person are more who live in the apartment

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Coop city

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Bronx new york

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just the letter by march 20

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

So are they correct that you don't live there are your primary residence and you have other people living there instead of you?

.

.

thanks

This is my primary address since 2002the name they mention is a friend that have her own house I have a sear credit card that I call sear and put her name on my account.I also have a letter from the legal department that was send in 2013 that state a person was living there i still have the letter.the other person do get mail sometime but also own a condo and live with is wife and kids the address they claim I live is my baby mother apartment where she and my 6 year daughter live .I never left my apartment everything is in my name and I do a financial affidavit every year.my baby mother also receive a letter claiming she sublet her apartment to me and her cousin who visit the United States one time from Jamaica he live in Jamaica .and over the years Riverbay corporation have to show proof that I still live there this old women is calling them her grandson took out his driver license in my apartment I still have that license and I report it to the corporation

Okay the notice to cure just means that you have to fix whatever it is that they are claiming you are doing that is a breach of the lease. So if you aren't doing anything to breach the lease, then you just need to respond with a certified letter to them refuting any allegations that they are making that you are doing something wrong. So write them a letter send it certified mail and stayed in the letter that you are not reaching the lease in any way and that is your primary residence and there aren't any other people living there.

.

.

Thanks

Barrister, Lawyer