Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased land that was listed as 17.3 acres, after

Customer Question
I purchased land that...

I purchased land that was listed as 17.3 acres, after purchase I had it surveyed and it came up to only 14.24 acres, do I have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

West Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes the sale was completed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Was this in the listing or stated in the contract?

Both

I am glad you said both. Usually the listing is an estimate and comes with a disclaimer. If this was in the contract this becomes misrepresentation.

You would calculate the purchase price divided by the square footage and sue for the amount you over paid. Where in West Virginia is the real estate located? Have you checked your measurements with the Assessor's Office?

Which County?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.