Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second opinion] I have a contract of sale for the sale of my…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a contract of sale for the sale of my house in midland. II did owner financing. Then the tenant lost his job and he did not know what to do, so I added an addendum to reduce the payments from 900 to 600 until he regained employment. Then we discussed ab out rewriting the contract and permanently lower the monthly payments. When the tenant recieved the new contract his attorney mailed me a letter informing that his client was not signing the contract since it was a lease instead of contract of sale. The tenant and I had spoken about the contract being a lease to keep the payments low for a year or two. He was agreeable and then on Monday I get a lawsuit for fraud, breach of contract and emotional stress. They are wanting warranty deed with vendors lien, general deed and promissory note. The payment due on March 1, 2018 is late. I do not know what to do about that as well. Please advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

If you can get the tenant to leave the property and sign a quit claim deed to you that would be ideal. Otherwise you will need to foreclose and possibly evict the tenant if they will not leave. I can provide a link for attorneys in that area that provide FREE consultations is that would be helpful?

Please provide me the list in that ares

I provided them in the link above. Can you open the link?

The Texas Bar Association can refer reputable Attorneys at

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Do I send the tenant any late notice toHis attorney would do I just send it directly to him is ATTORNEY threaten to charge me with harassment if I continue to try to talk to the client to c his attorney would do I just send it directly to him is ATTORNEY threatening to charge me with harassment if I continue to try to talk to the client to The tenant

If he has an Attorney you need to do everything through his legal counsel .

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Please so not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. Thank you for using JA!