Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Thank you for helping me and I have a question I signed a…

Hello thank you for helping...
Hello thank you for helping me and I have a question I signed a contract that agrees that I pay $4,000 with the proceeds from my house that I signed a quit claim deed on (and it was rent with the option to buy). He claimed these remodeling costs are what I owe him it was a three-year contract after one year he told me he thought I was going into foreclosure and I didn't have the proper insurance which is untrue. I didn't know what my rights were he did not honor a final walk-through and still lived there when he had me sign it so I thought if I did not sign it he could have intentions for ill will since we hadn't agreed from the beginning. I have social security disability and Owned this home since 2005. My question is before someone can default on my mortgage and Institute a foreclosure to force the sale of my home, can I have proper representation?
I had agreed for him to clear my pastor and he did tell me he would have to take up the barbed wire fence, he took it with him when he moved out. My neighbor was even surprised he told me it was probably in my barn, I looked it wasn't there. He also took a trellis broke a few things tore my shed down did not replace it, and the list goes on, he did not replace the upstairs bathroom with baseboards and the tile is completely unfinished with Hardie board still there with no tile in the linen closet. Damaged my basketball hoop that was in the driveway. I can't even close my garage door has no lock no latch nothing. I hope you can give me some advice as to what I should do, thank you in advance for your help... Sincerely, ***** *****
The reason he originally made a new Contract is because he insisted that I breached my contract, he insisted that I was in Foreclosure and that I didn't have the Proper Insurance, BUT I DID ! I kept telling him I am not in Foreclosure never been in Foreclosure.... I did not Breach my Contract and I Always Carried Proper Insurance, but he went ahead and did this Contract anyway...... I thought why is he doing this, I have no clue okay but he's moving out of my house and I want my home back. If I need to hire an Attorney that shows from the very beginning that I never gone into Foreclosure and I have always carried the proper Insurance then and now. Does not that counteract what I did after this because I felt like I had to sign it..... It's like a little scary for me for him to assume that, because that never happened....!
My other question is since he's giving me so much grief about this because I can prove I was not in Breach of my Contract with an Attorney, maybe I should try to recoup the balance of what the remainder is on our contract? Or does that not matter now am I doomed?
3/9/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. You can hire an Attorney to represent you. Where are you located?

I did forget to mention that I am in the State of Killen, Alabama 35645. I grew up in Chicago moved out here in 2005. Originally from Chicago area suburbs thereof.

I am originally from Chicago as well. You will want t have a local Attorney assist you. Please give me a moment to provide a link for local Attorneys in that area that provide FREE consultations.

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/real-estate-law/killen/alabama

Give me another moment to provide a link for the State Bar Lawyer Referral Services.

If you did not breach the contract you can countersue him for damages.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

The site is processing your telephone call request. In the meantime we can continue in this format.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Was there a problem with the response you received?