Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ely, what is the document called that I file when I get

legal help with my husband...
Ely, what is the document called that I file when I get legal help with my husband to stop overriding my upgrading our home decisions
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello again. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Are you sure you want to do this? Because it may not be practical. You have a choice:

File for legal separation and ask who is to control the home as part of that (see HERE); or

File a lawsuit for something called partition.

Both options mean litigation and emotional/financially exhausting actions. Consider this carefully before doing anything.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law