Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Are parking bumpers required at a business parking lot to…

Customer Question
Are parking bumpers required...

Are parking bumpers required at a business parking lot to prevent cars from hitting a low masonry wall along the end of the parking spaces?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

Wilmington NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The owner has filed paperwork with the police for damage to the low wall when I backed into the wall while parking

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Concrete block wall had cracks in the wall the full length of the wall. The owner of the business said when I backed into the wall while parking, that I damaged the wall when my trailer hitch hit the wall. I would have damaged my truck bumper if

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 month ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

The answer is no. There is no such state law, I am afraid.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law