Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a HOA enforce and prohibit residents in a subdivision…

Can a HOA enforce...

Can a HOA enforce and prohibit residents in a subdivision from parking on a public street in a subdivision

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Loganville, Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Several residents in the subdivision have more than 2 vehicles, the HOA doesn't want people parking in the empty lot by the pool or on the street in front of their homes, which leaves no where for residents to park a third car.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also how do you get rid of the HOA in the subdivision
No, an HOA has no authority or legsl right to enact or enforce restrictions over the use of public roads. It would need to be a privately owned road, and part of the association property for the Board to have any authority to regulate parking.
To dissolve the association, since there is a declaration or CCR recorded in all the owners’ chain of title, would require their uninmous consent for dissolution. The dissolution of the association would be written up, signed by each property owner and recorded into the chains of title with the county.
Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer