Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My father constantly tells me my residence is stable, the…

Customer Question
My father constantly tells...

My father constantly tells me my residence is stable, the house he own is mine and then threatens to sell or comes up with several things to try to harass me to move. He knows I have 2 special needs children which are his grandkids

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No but I plan to file harassment charges because he shows up and enters the home without consent, puts all kinds of broken appliances in the yard. I have no room in the garage because he stores things for other people while I pay him each month & never been late

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He also said to my kid's social workers & state officials and several witnesses that the house is mine but continues to make my life miserable and upsets my kids thinking they will be put on the streets.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/9/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you pay him rent and lease the home from him?