Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

No will and estate property

no will and estate property
3/9/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

What state are you in, are you looking for forms to file yourself or lawyer referral.It is called intestate( no will) probate.

ok my great-grandmother passed away in 1950's. she purchased land in Sumter county as early as 1940's from Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund. I just purchased a piece of the original property she owned because that particular 1 acre went to Tax Deed Sale back in 2004. Years later in 2015 I purchased that land from the buyer in 2004. Now next door to my property , the land belongs to my great-grandmother and there was no Will and I will like to know how do I begin working on obtaining the property.
I hope this makes sense. What I need to know. Is there a way I can get the property in my name?

So your first step is the county tax assessor to see if is still in her name--who has been paying taxes or how much is owed.Assuming she still owns it then an application for probate You are going to need a lawyer to do that.Florida here does not allow you to do this without a lawyer.Please don't shoot the messenger.

But check here to make sure she still owns it, how much is owed against it , etc to decide if you have anything to probate.

Probate lawyer for you here

Lawyer Referral Service

Request A Referral Online 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

I appreciate the chance to help you .Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Sumter County Tax Assessors Office
Monica Horne
Chief Appraiser
P. O. Box 1152
Americus, Ga. 31709
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />E-Mail

If you have some kind of property description you can likely do this by email or phone here.

Ray, Lawyer