Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My seller has a solar system that was financed he paid

10,000 on it already...
my seller has a solar system that was financed he paid 10,000 on it already , it has a assumption clause if he sold to other person the house they could assume and now we are in escrow ready to close in 10 days and buyer went to assume loan and filled out the info and the company dividend solar said he qualifies financially but they don't loan to second home owners only primary occupants ,they never disclosed this when my client [seller ]purchased it that they restrict who he can sell the house to it is not written in his contract they were very tricky and used verbiage very wide and says to there requirements ,they did not disclose this seller may loose his sale .what can be done .They did not disclose that he can only sell to an owner occupant primary residence .
I have uploaded the orig agreement
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The contract states "Borrower may not assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations hereunder or under any other loan document or any interest there in, without prior written consent of the lender, which may be withheld or conditioned in the lender's sole discretion." So what your seller needs to do is continue paying the loan and "owner finance" the solar system to the buyer or the buyer has to get extra in the mortgage to pay off the solar loan and wrap it into the mortgage.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.