Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live at a country club.i am being threatened with

Customer Question
I live at a...

I live at a country club.i am being threatened with foreclosure for non payment of dues. i am uptodate on my mortgage and hoa payments.they claim country club dues are manditory according to there bylaws.i am 79 yrs old and have run out of money.i recieved a daclaritoryjudgement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Florida.yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I just recieved a declatory judgement

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 5 days by:
3/14/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please continue
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you clarify?

Is the Declaratory Judgment against you?

Is the Court now ordering you to pay the fee due?

How much is the past due fee?

Is the HOA willing to work with you in light of your dire circumstances?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer