Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
We bought a house in Holmen WI at sheriff's sale in late
Loren, real estate lawyer
We bought a house in Holmen WI at sheriff's sale in late April. Wells Fargo had the mortgage but it doesn't appear that they took ownership of the property. We found out after the sale that there is $… read more
Hi I live in Fairfax county VA and facing issue with my condominium that is my primary hom
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Hi I live in Fairfax county VA and facing issue with my condominium that is my primary home. I bought this home with my uncle as "Tenant in Common" in August 2005 with mortgage only on my name because… read more
I am only one on deed & I filed for bankruptcy last year. My bf & I have been pa
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I am only one on deed & I filed for bankruptcy last year. My bf & I have been paying the mortgage. We are now separating & he says he will file for bankruptcy since house in under water. I just learne… read more
I bought a home with my now ex-boyfriend. Our arrangement was-he
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I bought a home with my now ex-boyfriend. Our arrangement was-he pays the mortage I pay the other bills. He is borrower Iam co-borrower. He has not lived here in19 months. The mortgage is now 52 days … read more
I own a home with an ex boyfriend. I have not occupied the
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I own a home with an ex boyfriend. I have not occupied the property since Feb 2012, but paid my half of the mortgage until Nov 2012. He currently occupies the residence and has continued to pay the fu… read more
My wife is leaving so I am going to be forced to retire to
Roger, Litigation Attorney
My wife is leaving so I am going to be forced to retire to take care of my autistic twin boys. My retirement will be 60% of what I make now and we are just making ends meet now. She will not sign off … read more
My son-in-law owns a house with his ex wife. He has tried
Richard, Owner
My son-in-law owns a house with his ex wife. He has tried to get her to put it up for sale but he can't get her to make any kind of decision. It is rented, underwater on the mortgage, and the person m… read more
I bought a house and my son is on the quitclaim deed also,he
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
I bought a house and my son is on the quitclaim deed also,he wants to be taken off as a cosigner and file chapter 7 bankruptcy,my question is can he under chapter 7 be taken off as the cosigner on dee… read more
I own a house with my ex-partner. She left abandoned the house
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I own a house with my ex-partner. She left abandoned the house about 2.5 years ago and I have a tennent with a 3 year lease and myself now live here. She all of a sutton wants to come back to live, sh… read more
I live in MN. In 2006 I purchased a home with a domestic partner, and lived together in t
Barrister, Lawyer
I live in MN. In 2006 I purchased a home with a domestic partner, and lived together in the home. We equally split the down payment, closing costs, although due to my divorce-challenged credit, he alo… read more
I been in a year long relationship with this man. For personal
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I been in a year long relationship with this man. For personal reasons, he lost his home and his credit was ruined. He was unable to purchase a home and we decided to buy one together as my credit was… read more
I have a house in foreclosure and was notified by the town
Richard, Owner
I have a house in foreclosure and was notified by the town about mowing lawn or it gets added to my taxes. Is that something I am responsible for or is the bank now responsible? Thanks… read more
5 years ago, I bought a condo (585 000) tenants in common with
Ray, Lawyer
5 years ago, I bought a condo (585 000) tenants in common with a friend real estate investor 50/50 . I live in it. She paid cash for her half, I got a 10 yr interest only adjustable mortgage (6.25%) f… read more
I surrendered 6 rental properties in a chapter 7 bankruptcy
Barrister, Lawyer
I surrendered 6 rental properties in a chapter 7 bankruptcy Sept. 2009. The property titles are still in my name and the Sheriff's sales will not take place for another 3 to 7 months! My insurance com… read more
My ex and I bought a house in 2006 and split up in 2008. We
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My ex and I bought a house in 2006 and split up in 2008. We had informally agreed that he would live in the house and pay mortgage/taxes/ins. I found out he has not paid mortgage for the last three mo… read more
Situation EXTREMELY unequal investment ($180K vs $450K) in
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Situation: EXTREMELY unequal investment ($180K vs $450K) in jointly-owned house by 2 partners in a failed, now toxic, romantic relationship. Unable to reach buyout agreement of one by the other, neari… read more
I live in North Carolina. A couple of years ago my boyfriend
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I live in North Carolina. A couple of years ago my boyfriend and I purchased a piece of investment property together in TN. When we sold it we did a 1031 Exchange for a property in NC that my boyfrien… read more
Hi my fiance lives in kane county illinois. He is currently
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
Hi my fiance lives in kane county illinois. He is currently heading towards foreclosure on his home after being laid off last year. He cannot afford the 2300. a month mortgage payment and has not made… read more