Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a retaining wall leaning bad. In a mobile home park…

I have a retaining...

I have a retaining wall leaning bad. In a mobile home park who is responsible. Me or the owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

OREGON

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO. I don't think so

Answered in 1 day by:
3/9/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Thank you.

Customer

Response: The owner is responsible because that is a common area of his/her property. You are only responsible for something that happens in your home.

So, you need to make a request for the Landlord/owner to fix it to avoid damage to your home. If the Landlord/owner refuses, then you need to take him to Court. You need to file lawsuit against the owner at your local Courthouse to ask the Court to force the owner to fix the retaining wall. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you very much.

You are quite Welcome!

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law