Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I went halfway across the country to help a friend of over…

I went halfway across...

I went halfway across the country to help a friend of over 30 years out. We had verbally decided to buy land in Maine. All told I've invested 35k in this land plus, and she never put my name on the deed. I have all the records from my bank. What can I do, if anything?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of? Just know this woman won't take responsibility for any of her actions.

3/8/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you can sue the friend?

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started
Infolawyer, Lawyer