Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I transfer a property I bought under my name into an…

Can I transfer a...

Can I transfer a property I bought under my name into an entity I own? For what fee?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ill tell the lawyer.

3/8/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Is there a mortgage outstanding on the property?

I plan on buying the property through a hard money lender then refinance it under my Entity INC. I'm don't think hard money lenders utilize mortgages.
I'll say no to mortgage.

Will the hard money lender have a security interest in the property?

I'm not sure but I would assume so as they are investing the money. I have never worked with them before.

Okay. You can transfer the property if you get the lender's approval to do so if they happen to have a security interest (which most likely they would have).

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer