Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was give sole property of a home in fort pierce florida, i…

I was give sole...

I was give sole property of a home in fort pierce florida, i file the deed in fort pierce florida clerk office. now, i learning there is a quick claim deed on the property in some one else name but i did not do it what to do now and is the quick claim deed valid

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Floride

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The quick claim deed has but i did not give it over to onone. i have the warrenty deed only in my name

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is the quick claim deed valid

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

From who TO who is the quitclaim deed made? When was it signed? When was it filed? And when was yours signed and filed?

all this happen after i file my warrenty deed. the city clerk told me to goto book 687 and page 74. ***** ***** jefferson is my name and i did not sell it or gave it over to anyone after my mother gave to me. this happen in fort pierce florida
thanks. i do better reading thanks again

So to be clear, the quitclaim deed that was filed purported to have your name as the grantor (the person giving the grantee the interest in the deed)?

where do i receive the answer to my questions. i new here. thanks

I have not answered your question yet as I am asking follow up questions. Specifically, I asked:

is i still the owner of the property

I understand what your question is. Did you see my follow up question to your issue? That is: so to be clear, the quitclaim deed that was filed purported to have your name as the grantor (the person giving the grantee the interest in the deed)?

purported means somewhat falsely is this true

I'm asking about this quitclaim deed. ON THE DEED ITSELF: Who was the grantor, who was the grantee, and when was it signed and filed?

my mom gave it to me.think in 1986. I went to i think city clerk office in fort pierce florida to have the deed transfer in my name. the house was a gift from my mom. the clerk made me pay a peeny for the house.i was about 21 years old. now i 58 years old. my mom dead so is sarah spann who suppose to me the owner but her husband is still alive. i letting you what had happen. I never sign the orginal deed to on one and i want it back
sorry for the typos

So to be clear, back in 1986 you filed the deed with the deed records office, correct? And there's a recent quitclaim deed that was filed by someone (you don't know who) that supposedly (fraudulently?) says that YOU are the grantor giving the property to someone else?

this is what i saying. it is in the family but my mom is dead. so is sarah spann but here husband is still alive. i did not sign it to on one whatsoever. i went to college in san franisco and los angeles. and left the home to my brother.
this is what i telling you it a fraud.

So you're saying there's a deed that someone drafted, with your signature (a forgery) to someone named Sarah Spann? And you don't know who this Sarah Spann is?

And I will ask AGAIN: what is the date on the quitclaim deed?

sarah spann is my cousin who died last month but her husband is still alive
sarah spann is my mom first cousin. her husband is on the other size of the family.
ok the address of the house is 3806 avenue p, fort pierce , florida, 34946. my mom paid for it in 10-years and gave it to me. ***** ***** jefferson. the house was built in 1976. i hope this information will help

I'm sorry, but there appears to be some sort of communication difficulty. I have asked 3 times that you give me the date of the quitclaim deed (among other things) and you have not. I'm going to opt out and allow someone else to assist you further, and maybe that expert will have better success communicating with you. Please stand by.

i owe the phone getting the city clerk
i went to city clerk in fort pierce florida. the date of the quick claim deed(1038896) is march 5, 1990 and the date of the warranty(663716) deed is june 1984. why is sibling(on the quit-claim-deed) there i do not know.
hello
i was with ScottyMacESQ. I went to the city clerk office in fort pierce florida and now i am back. thanks

if you seeing on the quitclaim deed the address **** *********, ********, florida, ******. My mom never lived there. Sarah ********** and her husband lived there.

hello
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

A different Professional here. I will try to see if I can be of assistance. However, you would need to specifically answer the questions asked. Thank you for your cooperation.

Who is the Grantor on the Quitclaim Deed and who is the Grantee on the Quitclaim Deed?

That is, who made the Quitclaim Deed and to whom?

Thank you for your cooperation.

On the quit-claim deed I do not see the word grantor. I do not see the word grantee on the quit-claim deed. I will like to take a picture of it with my smart-phone and email it to you if it possible. thanks(***** ***** Jefferson)

Thank you for the information.

The Grantor would be the one after "grants" the property for so so and so consideration to "grantee."

I understand but none of those word on this pierce of paper came from the county clerk filing.

Have you been receiving tax notice for the property?

That is, notice to pay property tax on the property?

Which County Recorder's office are you dealing with here?

Send me the picture of the deed.

when my mom first gave the house to me. I was. But I left the house in fort pierce florida and gave my brother control to rent it out and send the money to me for my college education. thanks

Send me the pictures of both the quitclam and warranty deeds.

Thanks!

Better yet, if you can upload the full copies of the deeds here, please do. Generally, I do not review attachments under this thread. Review of attachments are done under the site's premium service for additional fee. However, for this issue, I will make an exception. I need to see the two deeds.

Thanks!

PHOTOS HAVE BEEN SENTTHANKSROBERT JEFFERSON(###) ###-####(###) ###-####
HO MORE INFORMATION ON THE QUIT-CLAIM DEED. SARAH SPANN IS DEAD BUT HER HUSBAND IS STILL ALIVE WITH THE HOUSE MY MOM GAVE ME. ***** *****(STILL ALIVE) IS HER REAL SISTER AND ***** ***** JEFFERSON IS ME BUT THE QUIT-CLAIM DEED IS A FORGE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT A QUIT-CLAIM DEED IS UNTIL YESTERDAY. i WAS NOT PRESENT WHEN THIS ACTIVITY HAPPEN ANS I SWELL I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS EVENT.***** ***** JEFFERSON(###) ###-####(###) ###-####

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, I did not receive the photos.

Here are what need to be done in this case:

(1) Report the forgery to the County Recorder of Deeds;

(2) Obtain Certified Copies of the Warranty Deed and Quitclaim Deed from the County Recorder of Deeds Office;

(3) Go to the local Police Station of the City where the property is located and file report of fraudulent Deed;

(4) Provide the Police Station with the Certified Copies of both the real Deed (Warranty Deed) and the forged Deed (Quitclaim Deed);

(5) Retain the services of a local real estate litigation Attorney to file lawsuit at the local Courthouse in the County where the property is located to rescind the forged Deed (Quitclaim Deed), or you can file lawsuit on your own if you know how to navigate the Court system. You can obtain lawsuit forms on the Court's website.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
THANKS