Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

HOW TO END A REVERSE MORGAGE. GEORGIA

Customer Question
HOW TO END A...

HOW TO END A REVERSE MORGAGE

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

GEORGIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NO

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Arbitrator replied 1 month ago
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator

Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today. Please give me more background on the reverse mortgage and why you would like to stop the reverse mortgage.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 82 years old, poor health, I can no longer live alone. I want to go live with my daughter in Texas- My mortgage is now much higher than home value. Will I have to pay the remaining debt after sale of home?

I will work on your answer.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Most reverse mortgages today are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), as part of its Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) program. An FHA-insured HECM loan is a non-recourse loan.

This means that when your home is sold to repay the loan, neither you nor your family will be required to pay more than the sales price of the home. The insurance you have as part of the mortgage will pay for any shortfall, so long as your home sells for at least 95 percent of the current appraised value.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question.

After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

If you have any additional questions please just ask
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator