Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need a Real Estate lawyer for Tyler Texas. Can you help?

I need a Real...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not filed but signed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What does " Tenants agree to hold owner harmless for any claims from damages for which owner is legally responsible" mean?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can I cancel this contract within 3 days.
3/8/2018
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

That particular phrase means that if anything happens while you are the tenant which causes the property owner to be sued for damages, that you will be responsible for payment of any such damages that a court or jury might award against the landlord. I am not sure what kind of contract you are speaking of with regard to your question about cancellation in three days.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

I assume that if I cause the damage I can not be sued. If someone else causes the damage on the owners property, I may be liable. Secondly, the second question : In the state of Texas I understand that I have a 3 business day ability to cancel the contract.

In the state of Texas I understand that I have a 3 business day ability to cancel the contract.

I seriously doubt it. The three-day rescission rule usually applies only to contracts for home improvements, or where a mortgage is involved. there is usually no right of rescission for normal business contracts, such as leases.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer