Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was just informed that my partner wants to move out of our…

Customer Question
I was just informed...

I was just informed that my partner wants to move out of our home,she pays our house mortgage.what should i do to protect my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, this property my parents willed to me, refinanced 2x

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She makes double my salary, has messed our credit up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

She pays the mortgage on your home?

Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 6 months ago

And is she on the deed or mortgage?

Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 6 months ago

Hello. Do you still need an answer to your question?