Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This concerns a setback variance the owner of property next…

This concerns a setback...

This concerns a setback variance the owner of property next to mine applied for and I am protesting.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Parker, AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a board of adjustment hearing tomorrow and I wasn't informed about it

3/7/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am an Arizona licensed Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

If there was not proper notice you would want to ask that the hearing be delayed based on the fact that you were entitled to notice, however, you did not receive notice.

The board of adjustment hearing was originally scheduled for 2/8/18. The La Paz Dept of Community Development mailed a letter of notification. The letter was dated 1/8/18, however the envelope was postmarked 1/22/18, and I didn't receive it in the mail until 2/1/18. I live in Colorado and was given virtually no time to research and protest. I emailed a protest letter on 2/7/18. I called Community Development on 3/1/18 to find out the outcome of the hearing and was told that it was rescheduled for 3/8/18. I was not notified about the change in hearing date again.

Thank you for the clarification. The site is processing you telephone call request. In the meantime we can continue in this format.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

I am not seeing that they post the Agenda or the minutes of the meetings.