Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My brother and my mother have a cop apartment is all reedy…

Hi, my brother and...

Hi, my brother and my mother have a cop apartment is all reedy pay off we want to transfer the app in to me and my 2 sister. who that work?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Bronx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, I have title and from my mother that is 70 years old I have a power atterni

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much will be the cost for the presses?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok thanks.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/7/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are you saying that your brother and Mother jointly own a cooperative apartment and you want to transfer your Mother's share to you and your 2 sisters, meaning that the two brothers and the two sisters would own the apartment? Is this a private cooperative corporation or a Mitchell Lama type coop? Have you spoken with anyone at the coop to see if it is okay with them?

Hi can you call me is better for me know.

You have to request a phone call on your Just Answer page. There should be a button on your page to request a phone call.

I have power of attorney from my mother part, my brother want to trasfer the titler to me and my 2 sister. Legally
I have power of attorney from my mother part, my brother want to trasfer the titler to me and my 2 sister. Legally my mother is agreed wirh that.

If the power of attorney allows for real estate transfers and she has her mental capacity to agree that you handle it and all other siblings agree, including any siblings not owning it, then it should be fine. Before doing so, you would want to make sure to inform that association.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

The power of attorney allow me for real estate transactions.
How much this will cost to perceive

If the power of attorney allows for it and your mother has her capacity to agree, then you should be able to do it. Note, that Just Answer is not a law firm that can do the paperwork for you. You would want a local attorney to do the paperwork if you are not planning on doing it yourself. The attorney would give you a quote. You can call the Bronx County Bar Association for a real estate attorney referral.(###) ###-####/p>

DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer