Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am in the process of buying a foreclosed home (I have sent…

Customer Question
I am in the...

I am in the process of buying a foreclosed home (I have sent escrow). I have found out that the foundation was not built to code and will need to be completed rebuilt. I would like to discuss my legal options.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have signed the Purchase Sale Agreement. The is no closing yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The damage has worsened from the first time I saw the house last week until yesterday.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/7/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
i want to know if any laws of codes were violated so I can get out of the deal and get my escrow money back.
The sale is as is. If the seller misled and outright lied about condition you may rescind.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”