Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a verbal arrangement about rent a shop and she

Customer Question
We have a verbal...

We have a verbal arrangement about rent a shop and she called the cops on us about leaving can she do that.. we work on her cars from the car lot for rent.... and i worked in the office repoing car she owes me 350 for.... and 125 for saleing one car yesderday

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No she called the cops and they said we have till friday to move

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/6/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

To be clear, you are renting from someone who called the cops on you for trespassing?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Okay we were there working today they came out and told us that we were not welcome there anymore that we had to leave and we told him no we paid rent for 2 months that we're not going to get out that they have to evict us so she called the cops and the cops gave us to this Friday to get out and we want to know what it is we can do
This is not a police matter. At most there needs be a civil court action filed if the parties cannot resolve.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”