Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do you litigate mold cases? Bronx, NY. I need to consult…

Hi. Do you litigate...

Hi. Do you litigate mold cases?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Bronx, NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No...I need to consult with a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. the fire happened 1/6/18 in bedroom in an apartment on the 8th floor. Water damage to bedroom directly beneath on 7th floor. I share wall with bedroom on 7th floor. mold smell developed in my apartment. water damaged apartment had ceiling damaged, and soaked wall to wall carpeting. coop board did nothing to repair water damaged bedroom for 7 weeks.I got sick with breathing problems, and have been displaced since 1/27/18

3/5/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Yed
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
When can I have phone call?
Are you there????
Are you available? ???? Who is answering my question???
I replied in chat. If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks