Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am on deed but not title. Can my husband refinance without…

I am on deed but...
I am on deed but not title. Can my husband refinance without my signature?he has refused Request to provide authorization to the bank( I called on multiple occasions) for me to access records. I am concern 30 yr fixed since 2005 was refinanced sometime me ago. Likely 13 months ago.
3/4/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Ok

It is possible but not likely .If you are on the title then they likely want you on any refinance.You should consider a divorce if he will not share information here.If you are divorced then you can motion the court for access to the information or a forced sale.Long term yu will need to acess the courts to enforce here your rights under NJ law.

I appreciate the chance to help you today, sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I am not on the loan. I am not able to pursue a divorce. What are Nj laws pertaining to refinance on primary residence. As I said on deed but not on loan. Can I approach the bank on this?

Sure right them telling them you are on the title and tell them you are requesting to be notified about any refinance.Best you can do here is put them on notice.

Thank you. I will try that. Would a real estate lawyer be one to discuss this further her with?

Yes here you go lawyer referral

Atlantic County Bar Association*****br />Atlantic City, NJ 08401(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.atcobar.org
Tamara Lamb, Executive Director

Bergen County Bar Association*****br />Hackensack, NJ 07601 (###) ###-####br />www.bergenbar.org
Frank O’Marra Jr., Executive Director

Burlington County Bar Association***** 3rd Floor
Mount Holly, NJ 08060(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.burlcobar.org
Kara E. Edens, Executive Director

Camden County Bar Association
1040 North Kings Highway, Suite 201
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034(###) ###-####br />www.camdencountybar.org
Laurence B. Pelletier, Executive Director

Cape May County Bar Association
9 North Main Street
Cape May Courthouse, NJ 08210(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
Pamela M. Kaithern, Executive Director

Cumberland County Bar Association
PO Box 2374
Vineland, NJ 08362(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.ccnjbar.org
***** *****, Executive Director

Essex County Bar Association
470 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Newark, NJ 07102(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.essexbar.com
Wendy E. Deer, Executive Director

Gloucester County Bar Association
PO Box 338
Woodbury, NJ 08096(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.gcbanj.org
Lynn Silverstein, Executive Director

Hudson County Bar Association*****br />Jersey City, NJ 07306(###) ###-####br />www.hcbalaw.com
Lisa Burke, Executive Director

Hunterdon County Bar Association
PO Box 573
Annandale, NJ 08801(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.huntcolaw.org
Lyn Brokaw, Executive Director

Mercer County Bar Association
1245 White Horse Mercerville Road, Suite 420
Mercerville, NJ 08619(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.mercerbar.com
Joan C. Parzel, Executive Director

Middlesex County Bar Association*****br />New Brunswick, NJ 08901(###) ###-####ext. 100
*****@******.***
www.mcbalaw.com
Jonathan P. Cowles, Executive Director

Monmouth Bar Association
Monmouth County Court House
Freehold, NJ 07728(###) ###-####
*****@******.***
www.monmouthbarassociation.com
Tracy A. Settipane, Executive Director

Morris County Bar Association*****br />Morristown, NJ 07960(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.morriscountybar.com
Nancy M. Bangiola, Executive Director

Ocean County Bar Association
PO Box 381
Toms River, NJ 08754(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.oceancountybar.org
Karin Poola, Executive Director

Passaic County Bar Association***** 3rd Floor
Paterson, NJ 07505(###) ###-####br />www.passaicbar.org
Karen A. Corsi, Executive Director

Salem County Bar Association(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.salemcountybar.org

Somerset County Bar Association
20 North Bridge Street HCH 325
Somerville, NJ 08876(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.somersetbar.com
Karen Bradley, Executive Director

Sussex County Bar Association***** 4th Floor
Newton, NJ 07860(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.sussexctybarassoc.com

Union County Bar Association*****1st Floor
Elizabeth, NJ 07207(###) ###-####br />www.uclaw.com
Jeffrey M. Clar, Executive Director

Warren County Bar Association*****br />Belvidere, NJ 07823(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***
www.warrencountybar.org

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Thank you

You are so welcome.Have a blessed day.

Ray, Lawyer