Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I would like to know if a tenant can evict me if she is just…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if a tenant can evict me if she is just a tenant also not the landlord

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Lubbock. Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

She gave me a hand written letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm also disabled and have to have a nurse come every week and use a walker

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/6/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

Are both parties on the lease or is this a sublease?

My son and daughter n law or on top and I am list as a roommate and pay rent
She locked me out of bathroom but because I'm disabled I have a bed side

If a party is listed on the lease they are considered a tenant; as such only the landlord may evict that person.

Now if there is only certain named tenants on the lease, then either the landlord or the roommate (sublessor) may evict if there is a breach of the lease.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information