Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Seirra Pacific Properties decided to not renewal my leasing…

Customer Question
Seirra Pacific Properties decided...

Seirra Pacific Properties decided to not renewal my leasing option and gave me a mpnth to month leasing after 14 teen years. The rent went from 900 to 1895 for 1 bedroom. There was no reason. Can they do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No communty manager claim she mailed the letter in December 7 2017. I never received it and she attempted to give me a copy of it today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent an email to the owners requesting more info and i got nothing so far.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/6/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

How much notice of the increase did you get? is it rent controlled premises?

Awaiting your reply, thank you! if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks