Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have three questions regarding different matters of real…

Customer Question
I have three questions...

I have three questions regarding different matters of real estate /building related/ City questions. 1. Is it possible to get a citation issued over a compliance issue on a construction site expunged? 2. Relates to zoning on a building whether county is taxing me at one zoning but the City is taxing me at another.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

3. Relates to filing a formal complaint against a City Employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, Atlanta, GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I mean the details of the case/question but I don't know if I explain that now or later

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
just to add a few more details, I thought we actually would chat about this. 1) Basically I was pressured into a No Contest Plea on a Citation which I believe I am fully innocent. It was on a job site where I have no responsibility or legal connection to the property or work. The legal fees to fight this in court and the City threatening to add charges led me to settle. I'd like to have the citation expunged from my name but don't know if that's possible.
2. There is a property I own which is Zoned residential by the City of Atlanta. The Fulton County Tax Assessors office is taxing it as commercial however even though it is not a commercial property - and the City of Atlanta does not permit it be used commercially.
I need to understand zoning laws enough to argue this case.
3. I would like to file a legal complaint against the City of Atlanta employees involved in the afore mentioned citation and I'm just not sure if that's possible or what the best steps to take would be.
How long is this supposed to take for an answer? And what sort of supporting documents should I upload? I have many photos, detailed files, tax and zoning maps etc.
Answered in 2 days by:
2/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The site asked me to assist you. Every time you post the Attorneys response does not post. My apologies for any delay in responding.

We are a general information site. Let me provide the terms of service for the site to see if you would like to continue based on the terms of service.

"7. Information Not Advice; No Client-Professional Relationship

Answers of Experts on the Site are provided by Experts and are to be used by Customers for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific professional (medical, legal, veterinary, tax, financial, etc.) advice. For example, Experts in the Legal category will provide only general information about the law, and will not provide legal advice nor propose a specific course of action for a Customer. By answering questions, Experts do not intend to form, and do not form attorney-client or doctor-patient relationships with Users of the Site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. Experts in some categories may be licensed, certified, educated, employed by or have experience in only particular jurisdictions.

No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.

Communications on this Site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on this Site are limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.

Before you can interact with an Expert, you will be required to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms." http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0

I thought I already did all that. This has nothing to do with my question. I know the disclaimer. If I don't have an actual legal response by today I will cancel my membership and request a full refund.
No I don't want to be upsold on more services when I haven't seen as much as one single sentence that has absolutely anything to do with my question and already paid monthly dues and other charges. Upsell me once you've actually proven to me this site isn't a scam.
This is the third day since I paid to be a "VIP" member and posted a question which was unanswered. And now you want to sell me a new service?
Tina, Lawyer