Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am having a problem with my HOA because I put a film on my…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a problem with my HOA because I put a film on my window to obscure anyone from seeing into my bedroom window after I was the victim of a crime. The HOA is fining me every month.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Arizona. How much does this cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Okay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Just the letters they sent me. I am 73 years old, in poor health and on strong painkillers, which often make me confused, so I am not sure.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I put the film up because the rapist told me he would be back some night to visit me. I also was confronted by a neighbor who saw me leave by ambulance 4 times and wanted to buy opiates from me, Then someone shined a flashlight in that window, which did have blinds. I was terrified, bought the film online and had a neighbor put it up. I don't believe it violates the CCRs, and the police say I have the right to protect myself.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. What specific questions did you have for me about this today?