Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We bought a house in Stockton California, last year between…

We bought a house...

We bought a house in Stockton California, last year between 4 people ( 2 sister with their respective husbands), but we only deed the house to one couple. We want to deed the house to all 4 people paying the minimum possible tax

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Stockton, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There is a grand deed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is no mortgage on the house

1/23/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Since the house is not being sold, there shouldn't be any taxes other than recording fees for a new deed. You would just need to have a new deed prepared from the current couple as the grantors to both couples as grantees. Then you sign, notarize and record the deed and the transfer is complete and all 4 parties are now equal owners.

.

Any local title/closing company or real estate attorney can prepare the deed. A closing company or title company will be cheaper and faster... probably $150-200 and can help with getting it executed and recorded.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer