Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My mortgage got sold? by citi mortgage i had paid my payment…

Customer Question
My mortgage got sold...

My mortgage got sold? by citi mortgage i had paid my payment to citi for november's payment. i have sent monthly payments to the new mortgage company,' nationstar, doing busines as mr. cooper.. they admit i've sent the checks to them and could not give a reason why they returned them to me. i did not get them back by mail and there were no returned checks on my bank statement. they are very illusive about any records or dates i mentioned. the reason i called was the strange letters i've recieved from them. the most recent came the day after i spoke to them. it had an 8 page form to fill out so they can forclose on my home.they have only been my mortgage co. for 2 months

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sure. i live in indiana and"mr cooper" is in dallas texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. last week is when i learned

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else, except i looked them up on line and it sounds like a lot of people are loosing their homes from them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your help on this; however, I'm not entirely sure what specific questions you had for me regarding this. What specific questions did you have for me today?