Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have an issue with condo board....we were hit with irma…

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue with condo board....we were hit with irma storm damages and our condo board is incompetent...there were no protocols for a disaster we repeated called and email the board and management company and we we red told to wait. meanwhile a mushroom farm was starting to grow in our living room. to prevent further damage we hired a remediation team to do the cleanup and repairs and follow the proper permits and file with the paid management company. our contracted who has been in the same town for many years followed all proper inspections and fems docs etc......everyone in our complex is receiving a check and we were told by management company that we need to call the board because they are with holding our money because they wanted us to use the company they chose to do repairs of which they have yet to start and it has been 6 months. what do we go?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Marco island florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They are not answering our calls but had an attorney send us a certified letter that we may not get anything because we needed to ask for permission...however on january 2nd the board had an annual meeting along with the management company and they stated that if we wanted to use a different contractor that we needed to fill out a document they they sent us via email of which i still have and had it notorized. they are out of control...it is unbelievable that 5 people could be allowed to have this authority

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i guess they will ask for additional questions

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you...i can reached at(###) ###-#### looking forward

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You and other similarly situated homeowners should file emergency Motion with the Court to force the Condo Board to release your funds to allow you to do the repairs with contractors of your own choosing. The Condo Board cannot be allowed to continue to hold the homeowners hostage for its own incompetence.

I am sorry, but I cannot call you. First, phone calls are at additional cost and provided through the site's premium service. Second, I do not participate in the program. However, if you still need someone to call you, you need to request for the phone call through the premium service and an Attorney who participates in the program can call you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm confused we completed our work and they are withholding funds and we received a letter...would it be helpful to upload the letter or send you a copy?

Thank you for the clarification.

Then you need to file lawsuit against the Board for your funds to be released so that you can pay the contractors.

Unfortunately, I cannot review attachments under this thread. Review is done under the site's premium service, which I do not participate in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for you quick response. however, i don't feel you have shared with me anything that i did not know already
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i needed advice on the rules regarding marco island florida.....as the rules can vary

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you is someone else getting back to me?
Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law