Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How much does it cost if I wanted to do a background search…

Customer Question
Hi, how much does...

Hi, how much does it cost if I wanted to do a background search to find out what liens are on me that would have to be paid before I can close on a real estate transaction?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia Atlanta metro area, cobb county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm coming through 8 years of depression and recession there will be multiple issues. a lot has come off of my credit report but I am thinking of doing a lien search because I may be buying real estate later this year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Umm....I think that's it :-)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/19/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You would just need to have a search run on you to discover any liens, loans, judgments, or other encumbrances that may be filed against you. Any local closing company or title company can run the search for you for probably $150-200 or so.. They then go in and search the court records under your name and pull credit reports to see what is filed against you and what is showing up on your credit report..

.

But you can get a pretty good idea of what might be out there just by having a credit report run on yourself.

.

.

thanks

.