Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My parents prior to passing quit claimed their property to…

My parents prior to...

My parents prior to passing quit claimed their property to me through rights of survivorship. I moved into it and now am going through a divorce. My husband and I own a home and have filed homestead on that home. Does my husband have any rights to the property my parents gave me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Such as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know if my husband has any rights to that property that was given to me by my parents

1/15/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, because the property is your separate property and not a marital property and thus not subject to division during your divorce. See Florida Statutes Chapter 61 Section 61.075 (6).

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you so much

You re quite Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law