Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Over the summer, because the current fence on the borderline…

Customer Question
Over the summer, because...

Over the summer, because the current fence on the borderline was not maintained. We were putting a fence on our border and our neighbor said to put it on the borderline. They did not pay for anything. Now it is winter and they are complaining of the drainage in their yard. that it is a pond. The ground is frozen and we have been getting rain the past few days. We have always had drainage problems from our neighbor surface water and sump pump drain drains right into our yard. They are saying we did something on our side of the fence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Residential Pottstown PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not to my knowledge. They IM us on facebook.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How will you contact us

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/13/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you did not alter the grade of the land to direct water to their land, then they have no complaint or case against you. In order for them to have any claims against you regarding the fence, they would have to prove you changed the pitch or slope of your land to direct water onto their land. IF that did not happen, you are not at fault for just putting up a fence.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer