Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Mobile home lot for a shed location. Sheds are to be 3' from…

Customer Question
mobile home lot for a...
mobile home lot for a shed location. Sheds are to be 3' from lot line for fire protection. A wooden shed must have 6'clearance from any cumbustible or mobile home. My shed has 6' clearance on all sides, but is only 1' from lot line. I need a variance for this shed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley
you would need a variance. What is your question?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
since I have 6' clearance on all sides of my combustible shed is it possible to get a variance on the 3' from lot line
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I get a variance from

of course it is possible

you would request a variance from your local township/city zoning department

you need to fill out an application and go before the zoning board

they are typically all volunteers on the board and easy to work with

I would start by calling or better visit the zoning office

they are usually very helpful and friendly

this is usually done without an attorney

your request does not seem too out of the question

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer