Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Considering a park model home or manufactured home. Are

Customer Question
Considering a park model...

Considering a park model home or manufactured home. Are there restrictions on what type of home I can put on land I own?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sonoma county, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. I am in planning/information gathering mode.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/11/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. any restrictions imposed would be determined by a homeowner's association (if you have one in your neighborhood) and the city and county ordinances in place for land. Do you have a homeowner's association?

If your land is in unincorporated Sonoma County, the county zoning allows for manufactured homes but you will need to apply for a permit.

Here's more information on the county ordinance/rules:

http://www.sonoma-county.org/prmd/docs/policies/4-0-10.pdf

If you are purchasing a manufactured home in an established mobile home park, you do not need to obtain a permit.

Hope that helps.

Please remember to accept my responses and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer