Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a HUD tenant. She has been with me for several years,

Customer Question
I have a HUD...

I have a HUD tenant. She has been with me for several years, She met a man, and he moved in with her. He also was given HUD assistance. After several more years, they are fighting day and night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Last night, for about the 20th time, she was at my door at midnight wanting him out of the apartment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing filed. I need to know if I can have him removed from the apartment if he refuses to leave at her request. It was her apartment to start.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes, he is not a tenant. He can be evicted but cannot by locking him out. You would need to issue notice and then file for eviction, and may want to have an evictions lawyer locally expedite it. Threat of eviction may prompt him to leave voluntarily. If he poses harm or danger, she can file for a restraining order that would have practical effect of forcing him to relocate too.

Is that clear and acceptable?