Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im not able to pay for advice. Louisiana. My tenant pays…

Customer Question
Im not able to...

Im not able to pay for advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My tenant pays $1400 mo. and is always late. She tells me that $75 dollar per day late fee is to much according the LA LAW. Is this true?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

i do not mind

Hi, actually in looking at your post, it says you weren't able to pay for the advice. This is a system that charges about $47 for your interaction with me. Are you okay with that charge?

no, Please cancel my request and my membership
Thanks
I thought it was a free trial for 7 days

Hi, I'm not entirely sure of the promotions that JA has going on. It's possible that there is a free membership that allowed you to ask questions for free, but you'll need to work that out with customer care.

thanks good bye

Well, regardless, in LA, the law sets no specific amount for late fees; however, unreasonably high fees can be contested.